Bio: Alison Lewis, Co-consultant
Works with Purpose and Passion
Alison believes in helping organizations and people to live and work from their core values. Alison has extensive experience helping individuals and organizations discover places they are in or out of alignment with their overall purpose. She swiftly assists in identifying gaps and enhancing strengths, so desired outcomes can be achieved.
Her acute listening skills provide the insights necessary to accomplish outcomes with purpose, meaning, and fortitude. Her disarming style is known for revealing core issues in a way that can be heard and understood by broad audiences. She believes in illuminating everyone’s greatest potential and addressing road blocks head on.
Proven Expertise in Human Resources (HR), Organizational Development (OD), and Training
Alison understands the inner workings of organizations and what contributes to their success.
- Almost 20 years of experience working in the HR and OD fields in the public sector, private sector, and with family businesses
- Certified Trainer for Crucial Conversations and Crucial Confrontations curriculum
- Obtained and maintained Professional in HR (PHR) and Senior Professional in HR (SPHR) certification throughout her HR career
- Extensive training delivery experience in topics including communication, conflict resolution, leadership, performance management, change management, and diversity and inclusion among others
- Served in HR Association leadership positions for over 7 years: Served as President in addition to other leadership positions for the Oregon State Council and the Lane County Human Resource Association, both affiliates of the nationally recognized Society of HR Management
Seasoned Executive Coach with a Track Record for Creating Clarity and Positive Change
Alison aids in bettering her clients’ lives and their contributions to those they serve, organizationally or otherwise.
- Served as an organization’s internal Executive Coach for close to six years and has had a successful private coaching practice for over five years
- Coaches all levels of management from CEOs to high-potential leaders, on a variety of topics
- Completed Co-Active Coaches Training via Coaches Training Institute (CTI), an affiliate of the Institute of Coaching in Harvard Medical School, which is accredited by the International Coaches Federation (ICF)
Recognized for Leadership Development
Alison believes that everyone has a unique leadership style with the ability to lead from where they’re at. She recognizes that expanding self-awareness in essential leadership attributes contributes to their ability to successfully influence and drive change.
- Designed and led an internal Leadership Development Program for several years emphasizing assessment, feedback, emotional intelligence principles, and alignment with the organization’s strategic goals
- Experienced in successfully integrating performance management concerns into leadership development opportunities
- Serves as an Advisory Facilitator for the Columbia Leadership Institute (CLI), a national and international leadership development program
Experienced in Facilitation, Communication and Conflict Resolution
Alison has the ability to maintain an objective perspective while working within contexts of interpersonal and organizational conflict. She helps create a safe environment for varying viewpoints to be heard and understood in order to move disagreements into productive communications.
- Trained in mediation with over 10 years of experience facilitating and mediating conflict in organizations
- Served as a volunteer mediator in the community
- Experienced in successfully transitioning people out of positions or situations that are not in the best interest of the individual or the organization, while upholding the integrity of everyone involved
- Facilitated strategic planning sessions for executive teams, boards, and intact work teams
Committed to Living a Life of Purpose and Passion
Alison loves to contribute to bringing out the best in people and situations and prides herself on being able to do so in a way that is meaningful, positive and often fun. She encourages people to pursue what brings them the greatest sense of purpose and meaning, and lives her life in that way too. She serves clients throughout the nation, and loves to travel from her home in Eugene, OR to be in the places and with the people that her work take her.